Saturday, October 4, 2008

blore london philly

British airways is AWESOME!!! The only word that I could think of (and if u know me, the most used word too)… fantastic service.. esp the food.. or the brit accent in dunno.. maybe it’s the accent that was makin me all happy happy.. 

Felt a tinge of guilt, sadness when the flight actually took off.. the feeling that I am ACTUALLY leavin India was a little overwhelming.. an I sobbed a bit.. then the sleep took over… much against what people warned me (don’t sleep in the flight, or u wud be so jet-lagged)… but before tat I tried my best to watch movies (bad choice of movies for the BIG airline that it boasts of!!).. found only one good movie that I wanted to watch: kung fu panda.. but slept after 10 min of it.. all the excitement of meeting everyone had still not died down, but the lack of sleep thru the night was way too much!!!

The times that I was awake, all I thought of were the friends I left in blore... maybe 2 yrs is a very short time, but I dunno how I will be able to stay close to all the friends from school, college and office (gosh!! I still miss them!!!)… I still speak to soooooooo many of them, but dunno how long this wud last (will try my best, pakka pakka!!!)… I was already thinking what to mail most of them after I found a comp with internet!!! It was kinda creepy... but all I thought abt was tat…

London’s heathrow took my breath away… it is such a huge place!! And the London philly flight was a better one compared to blore London!!!! Stupid brit people giving preferences to Americans… one thing tat I noticed was that the air hostesses were not YOUNG!!! Nothin like the anorexic chicks who come in the airhostess academies ads in India… but, they are so courteous and helpful… wow!!! The flight was nearly empty and this old grandpa was there (wearing suit n all, lookin like touching 80) and this airhostess was with him... and they chatted till the flight landed in philly.. was the only “owwwwwwwww” moment coz I slept thru it.. 

Immigration was a cakewalk… the police guy who signed my visa doc was from kolkata (Calcutta for ppd).. he smiled n said “I don’t look like tat?”.. I smiled n said “nope!!!”… Thank goodness he still signed n said “u be safe in philly, miss!!”

1 comment:

Krishnapriya Tamma said...

Awww... All i can say is Wow! You have a great life there, Arch.. And as I told you before: I miss you miss-in-philly.. And what's with you and tall people, you and 'Bong' people, and you and guys with cute smiles, and you and people from the West coast of India????? :P
Love you! All the best!