Saturday, October 4, 2008

lettin go of blore....

Blog was on holiday for a loooooooooooooong time, partly cuz I was lazy and partly cuz writing anything abt leavin India etc etc made me (and still makes me) very home-sick…!!!

This is a 3-part blog (to compensate for all the dayz missed!!!) and will have the 3-4 dayz between leaving India on 10th and getting a new house on 14th. This has to be the most eventful part of my life even when everything appears standstill… J new friends, new city, new college, new “friend”ly family, new prof/seniors to look up to (quite literally… oof… how can these guys be so tall!!!! I feel small in the country of giants), new attitudes to life (more abt tat later) and the list goes on…

Wait wait… back to square one!!! Leaving namma Bengaluru!!

Sept 10 started like any other Bangalore holiday for me... Crawled out of bed at 830-9ish… With tat little start, ended any hopes of this being a “normal” day!!! I only jus got out of my room and found my aunt and uncle, waiting for me, so that they could wish me all the luck in the world and get on with their work… I smiled and spoke to them; all the time thinking that my D-day is here and I look so unprepared for the world tat awaits me… There was a steady stream of people who kept coming and going thru the day, and I was pleased that they took the effort to come home and wish me luck….!!! There were so many more who called through the day tat I was juggling my landline handset and mobile most of the time…

My aunt must have been so excited that she called almost every hour to check how I was doing…. My little sisters who could personally meet me called and challenged me to lose weight (btw, the workload here looks so hectic; I might come back a size 0!!!!!) Rajeev sent the sweetest msg after reaching home… Ll miss you too bro!! Girish, Shashi, Shubha, I owe you one big-time for teachin mom google-talk and I miss all the masti that I had with u….!!!

Lots of people from office wished me and I was soooooooooo happy that they called…. I did meet 3 of them!! And if I had not met Shamanth, Manoj and Sagar, I would probably reach here more homesick…. Just one year of work (and 40 dayz of unemployment) and its unbelievable how close I am to you guys!!! Missing you guys so bad!! You are great friends!!

Seema and ppd!!! Miss you 2 too… I know it got emotional towards the end and all, and that’s only cuz I will miss your company so much!! There were so many friends and classmates who wished that I felt so overwhelmed every 2-3 hrs…!! It was so tough to fight back the tears when everyone wished you luck so many times!!!

Nothing about my parents and bro here, cuz I would want that to be with me and me alone!!!! J

No comments: